When I go travelling, even if it's just for a weekend or two weeks away I like to pack my makeup travel bag as minimalist as possible. So this is what I took with me on my trip to Paris a month ago. If you like to see some impressions from my trip you can find them here & also here.
Here are my tips on how to pack only the beauty related things you need.
1. Buy small formats of your favorite products. No one needs 500 ml of micellar water in one week. That's why I also love those travel kits you can get from all brands.
- Body cream 70 ml instead of 200 ml: Honey Touch Indian Rose & Himalaya Honey by Rituals
- Makeup remover 50 ml instead of 200 ml: Dermo-Cleanser Toleriane by La Roche-Posay
- Micellar water 125 ml instead of 400 ml: Normal to sensitive skin by Garnier
- Sculpting Foam 59 ml instead of 200 ml: Flexible Style by Paul Mitchell*
2. Use travel kits including empty compact bottles, jars and spatula for decanting your favourite products. For shampoo I decanted Schwarzkopf Citrus + Oil Blonde Deluxe and I took a few ml of the Soap & Glory Glad hair day conditioner with me. I put both in a re-usable clear toiletry bag to ensure that if they leak it won't run over my favorite clothes and ruin them.
3. I love to take makeup wipes with me whenever I travel. It's the fastest and easiest way to remove makeup. My favorite makeup wipes are by bebe young care for sensitive & dry skin.
4. Especially in summer I prefer moisturiser with a gel formula like the Vitamin C Glow boosting moisturiser by The Body Shop that I highly recommend! A good sun screen is also essential for me. My most worn this summer is by Lancaster, the Sun Delicate Skin Soothing Cream 50+.
5. A palette that I always take with me wherever I go is the Naked on the Run by Urban Decay. It includes everything for a full makeup face (except foundation & concealer). I wrote a whole article raving about it (click here).
6. Collect samples from magazines and shops. It's so convenient when you're on your way back to just through them away to make room for new things bought (:
What are your beauty travelling tips? (: